COOKIE DOUGH (EGG FREE!): 3/4 cupbutter, at room temperature 3/4 cuplight brown sugar, packed 3/4 cupgranulated white sugar 3 Tablespoonsmilk 1 1/2 teaspoonsvanilla extract 1 1/2 cupsall-purpose flour 1 1/2 cupsmini chocolate chips 1/2 cup semisweet chips + 1 teaspoon shortening for drizzle, optional
1. Prepare the brownies: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with nonstick spray. In a medium glass bowl, melt chocolate in the microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds; stir after each burst and remove from microwave when melted and smooth. Set aside to cool slightly. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk those in too. Mix in melted chocolate. Whisk in the flour and mix just until combined (don’t over-mix). Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 25 to 35 minutes. Watch closely and remove from oven when toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
2. Prepare the cookie dough: In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer to combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix in milk and vanilla. Mix in flour just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Spread cookie dough over the cooled brownies. Refrigerate until the dough is quite firm. It’s okay to speed up the process and place it in the freezer too. The firmer the dough, the easier it will be to cut into neat squares. Use a sharp knife to cut the brownies. You may need to wipe the knife off with a paper towel in between cuts since the fudgy brownies and cookie dough will tend to stick to the knife a bit. These brownies are best to serve placed inside cupcake papers and served with a fork.
4. If you’d like to add chocolate drizzle on top, melt 1/2 cup chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon of shortening in the microwave; stir until smooth. Scoop the melted chocolate into a zip baggie and snip off the corner. Squeeze the bag to drizzle the chocolate on top of each brownie. Sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top, if desired.
Some of my crayon art!
My cake in a mug! added icecream, chocolate syrup, and sprinkles. delicious!
Baked these today! SOOO GOOOOD!
crescent pizza and dessert.. For the desert ones we played around and put candy inside, too. Note: oreos do not work tho :)
Cake in a Mug
1 tablespoon plus 2 tsp cocoa powder
3 tablespoons spelt flour (or white, or even peanut flour)
1/8 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 stevia packet (or 1 more tablespoon sugar)
1 tablespoon coconut oil or vegetable oil (Edit: many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. But I can’t personally vouch for the results if you make that substitution.)
3 tablespoons nondairy milk of choice
1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).
1. Frozen Grapes 2. String Cheese 3. Banana 4. Frozen Banana (peel it first, stick in the freezer overnight) 5. Low-fat Yogurt 6. Sugar-free or fat-free pudding 7. Apple dipped in Peanut Butter 8. 100-calorie bag of popcorn 9. Applesauce 10. Raw veggies with hummus 11. Almonds 12. Apple 13. Skinny S’more 14. Smoked Beef Jerky (about 1 oz- look for low-sodium!) 15. Chocolate Milk 16. Hard Boiled Egg 17. Sunflower Seeds 18. Cottage Cheese 19. Sliced Cantelope 20. Raisins 21. Pita Bread and Hummus 22. Rice Cakes 23. Sugar-free Jello 24. Dried Fruits 25. Frozen Yoplait Whips Yogurt 26. Air-Popped Popcorn 27. Pistachios 28. Clementines 29. Fruit Smoothie 30. Handful of olives 31. Pickles 32. Handful of blueberries with 2 tablespoons fat-free Cool-Whip 33. Ants on a Log (celery with peanut butter and raisins) 34.1 cup mixed berry salad (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, and/or blackberries) tossed with one tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice. 35. Peanut Butter and Bananas on whole wheat bread 36. Trail Mix 37. Orange Slices 38. Cherry Tomatoes 39. Graham Crackers 40. Small Green Salad with light dressing 41. Mango smoothie (frozen mango, mango Greek Yogurt, and a small amount of orange juice) 42. Kabobs 43. Half of a Cinnamon-Raisin topped with peanut butter and banana slices 44. Grilled Pineapple (throw them on the grill or a skillet on med. heat for two minutes or until golden) 45. Baked Apples (one tennis ball-sized apple, cored, filled with 1 teaspoon brown sugar and cinnamon, and baked until tender) 46. Animal Crackers 47. Strawberries dipped in fat-free Cool Whip 48. Low-fat tortilla topped with egg salad, shredded carrots and cucumber slices 49. Parfait (build your own with Greek yogurt or plain yogurt, fruit, and granola) 50. Bowl of bran flakes with 1/2 cup skim milk and berries 51. Guacamole with veggies 52. Triscuit’s Thin Crisps dipped in cottage cheese or hummus 53. Cashews 54. Pretzels 55. Sun Chips 56. Cheesy Breaded Tomatoes: Two roasted plum tomatoes sliced and topped with 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. 57. Sugar Snap Peas 58. Steamed Veggies (steam non-starchy vegetables in a microwave safe bag and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese or 1/4 cup pasta sauce) 59. Apricots 60. Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges 61. Any 100 calorie pack 62. Snack/Granola bar (around 150 calories or less, like Kellogg’s All-Bran, Kashi TLC Trail Mix, or Fiber one Bar) 63. Baked chips (about 7-10) with salsa 64. Soy Chips 65. Protein Bar 66. Sweet Potato Fries (one light-bulb sized sweet potato sliced, tossed with 1 teaspoon olive oil, and baked at 400° for 10 minutes) 67. Wrap 68. Pumpkin Seeds (2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, sprayed with oil (just a spritz!) and baked at for 400° for 15 minutes or until brown. Sprinkle a tiny amount of salt on top) 69. Bean Salad 70. Broccoli Florets 71. Peaches and Cottage Cheese 72. Chopped Red Peppers (dipped in fat free ranch) 73. V8 Vegetable Juice 74. Tuna with Triscuit crackers 75. Cooked and Cubed Chicken Breast 76. Homemade Popsicles (puree watermelon, strawberries, mango, banana, etc and freeze in popsicle molds) 77. Dates with almond butter or rolled in coconut 78. Quesadilla (whole wheat (or corn) tortillas w/cheese (or not) melted in microwave - adding on tomatoes, beans, corn, olives, avocado or guacamole or whatever sounds good) 79. Watermelon 80. Cubed Apples and Cubed Cheese 81. Craisins 82. Goldfish Crackers 83. Edamame 84. Cheesy Roasted Asparagus (four spears (spritzed with olive-oil spray) and topped with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, baked for 10 minutes at 400°) 85. Turkey Roll-Ups (Four slices smoked turkey rolled up and dipped in 2 teaspoons honey mustard) 86. Strawberry Salad (1 cup raw spinach with ½ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tablespoon balsamic) 87. Oatmeal 88. Banana Smoothie (½ cup sliced banana, ¼ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt, and a handful of ice blended until smooth) 89. Lime Sherbet (1/2 cup serving) with sliced kiwi 90. Apple Chips 91. Black Beans (mix 1/4 cup black beans with 1 tablespoon salsa and 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt for an added twist!) 92. Lettuce wrap (try two slices honey-baked ham with 2 teaspoons honey mustard rolled in a lettuce leaf) 93. Pecans (try five pecans roasted with 2 teaspoons maple syrup and 1 teaspoon cinnamon) 94. Chocolate Covered Strawberries (dip 5 strawberries in 2 squares of dark chocolate) 95. Honeyed Yogurt (½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt with a dash of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon honey) 96. Blackberries 97. Frozen Mangos 98. Tropical Juice Smoothie (¼ cup pineapple juice, orange juice, and apple juice, blended with ice) 99. Healthier Banana Bread 100. Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip with fresh fruit